Powered by WebRing.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

So, today, right now, I should be at Weight Watchers. But I have two really good excuses;
1) We had snow and icy rain again during the night leaving a nice sheet of ice on the streets.

2) I left all my WW stuff at work and would have had to go way out of my way to pick it up on my way to WW.

I texted my friend (the other contributor to this blog who should also be at Weight Watchers right now but I'll let her tell her side) and she pretty much agreed that these were justifiable reasons for skipping out today. We also agreed to start over on March 1. What she didn't say and I didn't remind her of is that neither one of us will be in town that day so that will be our excuse for postponing "day one of our 346th attempt" at losing weight.

One of these days we'll get it together. We were sucessful once several years ago...but does that count since we technically failed at keeping the weight off? Well, it counts for us and serves as proof and a reminder that it can be done...the losing the weight part anyway. Keeping it off is a goal that has eluded us so far.

I do think, though, that if we were not on this perpetual diet that I, at least, could easliy weigh 300lbs by now. Forget about the fact that at the rate I'm going I'll be at 300 pounds in 20 years. Well, actually I'll be dead by then if I weigh that much. Have you EVER seen an old, really obese person? They just don't live that long......(how is that fact alone not motivation enough?).

Ok, well my plans for the Spring and Summer are to exercise, exercise, exercise....as much as possible. I'd like to see a nutritionist too.

Now, if you excuse me I have a 100 calorie packet of cupcakes and glass of milk to finish off before lunch...

No comments: